Thursday, May 10, 2007

Planning for a reunion!

Thanks to the jump-starting efforts of Susan Holt (Brooks), several interested classmates from the Southeast Guilford High School class of 1967 have begun meeting and brainstorming ideas for our 40th year reunion. In addition to Susan, the following persons have been participating and contributing to the planning effort in one way or the other:

Charles Causey (and his wife Pam)
Carolyn Clapp (Whitley)
Cathy Cheek (Hawkins)
Jane Coltrane (Jones)
Mike Crabtree
Sandy Garrett (Carmany)
Susan Holt (Brooks)
Gerald Letterman
Joe Parrish
Doug Shoffner
Lindley Smith

VERY PRELIMINARY plans call for a tour of the school late Friday afternoon before attending the home football game on Friday night, October 12, 2007; a group breakfast at a local restaurant on Saturday morning, October 13; a golf outing at Stoney Creek at 11:00AM that morning; ; and a dinner-dance-fun celebration with a DJ on Saturday evening. As locations, times, and details are confirmed, we'll be in touch!

For other classmates who have ideas to contribute or want to be involved in the planning, please just leave a comment here and someone will be in touch with you -- the more, the merrier!

1 comment:

Peggie A. Matthews said...

Hello fellow classmates.
First, I would like to commend the "reunion committee" for your time and effort pulling all of this together. I certainly plan to attend. This will be my first reunion in 40 years. I am looking forward to reconnecting with all of you. God bless you, and I'm looking forward with great expectation on seeing you in October. I tried to insert my picture, but it would not allow me to copy and paste in this comment page. Please feel free to go to my website at www.cotpinc.org to find out more about what I've been doing all these years.
Fondly,
Peggie A.(Smith) Matthews